Ronald was born on 28th February, 1936 in Landywood, Staffordshire. He studied art at Walsall School of Art (1951-53). He was a painter in water-colour, black and white, oil and pastel. A draughtsman, illustrator, a linguist, a teacher, a member of The Chelsea Arts Society, The Royal Society of British Artists and The Royal Institute of Oil Painters.
In 1974 he won first prize at The Lord Mayor of London’s Art Award Exhibition, he has also won several other awards.
• The Royal Academy
• The Royal Society of British Artists
• The Royal Institute of Oil Painters
• The Royal Institute of Painters in Watercolour
• New English Art Club
• The Royal Society of Marine Artists
• Paris Salon, Guildhall Art Gallery
• National Museum of Wales
• Royal Birmingham Society of Artists
• Society of Graphic Art
• Britain in Watercolour and Touring Exhibitions
• Whitechapel Art Gallery
• Royal Festival Hall
• Hertford Art Society and most provincial Galleries
• S.G.Warburg, Graves Art Gallery, Sheffield
• London Borough of Islington
• London Borough of Tower Hamlets
• Work in private collections in United Kingdom, France, Germany, Sweden, South Africa and the United States of America.
• Sultan of Oman
• Savoy Hotel
• Ministry of Health
He has a biographical entry in “Who’s Who in Art”, “Dictionary of International Biography”, “Royal Academy Exhibitors” and several other publications.
His work has been reproduced in the ‘La Revue Moderne’ Paris 1963, 1965 and Leisure Painter. He has written articles on painting for ‘Leisure Painter’.
He was awarded the Le Clerc Fowle gold medal at the ROI 2009 exhibition.
He was awarded the Whistler Medal at the RBA 2019 annual exhibition.